Monday, June 10, 2013

Arrrighty...here's the Pirate Party rundown...

Grady's party was fun...super fun.  He had a blast, & we couldn't have got a more beautiful day.  Especially considering that the days leading up to & following his birthday were crap.  I'm so over rain & cold.  So over it.

Now for some pictures of my little love's Pirate Party!!!


I made the tassels above by tearing strips of red, blue, & black linen & knotting them around the rope.  Grady helped me paint the Jolly Roger flag & the skulls on the bunting.  For the bunting skulls I cut a regular Scotch green dish sponge into a stamp.  I was just kind of making things up as I went & had to be creative with the supplies I had at home!


My parents cut out the skulls on the cake toppers with their jigsaw.  I sprayed them white, drilled holes in the sides, & stuck them on some kebab skewers.  Then I sewed that little bunting & glued it to a couple more skewers.  (For those who are wondering, I found the B&W candles at Walmart!)


We had the blue glasses on hand from my college days, & wrapped a little twine around them to make them more "piratey".  The skull balloon was ordered from Oriental Trading.  I had it filled with helium at our Dollar Store & it didn't float at all.  Disappointing, but what do you do?  Not sure if it was them or the balloon that was faulty!


My BFF Angie brought her hubby (Captain Morgan up there) & her three beautiful kids over to help us celebrate.  Angie & I played volleyball together in college & her husband played basketball with Eli.  They're the best!  Julia & Grady might get married someday...  ;)


One of our gifts to Grady was a super rad tire swing.  My dad was the lucky one who got to hang it from our giant oak.  Sidenote: It was not my idea to make Eli's grandparents hold the ladder...I was in there with my mom & Marlene practically pushed me out of there to go take some pictures.  I kid you not.  They're super cool great-grandparents!  (Maybe the best ever.)



Grady & Greyson on the dune buggy...& Grady holding Angie's youngest, Jude.  They were all smiles, all day.  Easy-going boys!


 
That last picture above & to the right kills me.  It's so him.  Sweet, always happy, a little shy, & oh so adorable.  I love him.


I drew a treasure map on Grady's shirt with black & blue Sharpie & embellished it with some red thread in a few places.  It was inspired by a J.Crew/Crewcuts shirt I saw a long time ago.  Unfortunately they don't sell it anymore.  FYI, even though I "heat set" the Sharpie by ironing it, it did bleed some after I washed it.  I'd suggest using permanent fabric markers if you want to be sure it'll last through the wash.  The blue marker was the one that bled the most for whatever reason.


Happy Birthday little man!

We pretty much think you’re the best thing ever.  You’re the most thoughtful, bright, imaginative, & fun little boy we’ve ever been around.  You brighten every room you enter with your beautiful smile, cute little voice, & curly head of hair.  You make us laugh, you make us want to pull our hair out sometimes, & you make us remember to make time for fun.  I remember telling dad when you were a baby that I wanted you to be creative - I think that wish came true!  Your imagination is insane!

You’re smart.
You’re sweet.
You’re beautiful inside & out.
You’re energetic.
You’re perceptive.
You’re helpful.
you’re thoughtful.
You’re hilarious.
You’re confident.
You’re loving.
You’re you.
And you’re ours.

XOXO,
Mom & Dad

5 comments:

  1. So fun! Great post... what a lucky kid :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it was a great party. The decorations turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a blast! Thanks for the invite. It's easy to call Grady my FAVORITE godson :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a lot of people commenting we tend to be driven here by traffic. I propose to thos who'd like to 5 meo dmt, 5 meo dmt buy or to 5 meo dmt buy online and buy 5 meo dmt. Finally like free, get to lsd tabs and lsd gel tabs or lsd tabs price.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips