Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ikat Entry Way {finished!}

Last month (how has it been that long?!) I posted a picture of our entry way.  At that time I had only gotten one wall done, & was just about to leave on vacation.  Almost a month later, I FINALLY finished it!


I didn't really have a plan or pattern.  I just bought a quart of yellow paint, roughly measured out a couple of lines (so I could keep the pattern semi level), & started slapping the paint on the wall with a 1.5" angled brush.  I started with the zig zag on the bottom & worked up from there creating a diamond pattern.


Once I got the pattern painted, I put a fresh coat of paint on all of the trim.  It needed it - badly.  It's been on my list literally for YEARS...so it felt good to get it done!  The previous owners had painted it "white", but as you can see in the picture below, it had pink undertones which I'm not a fan of, at all.  The bottom is freshly painting with BM's "Simply White".  It's a night & day difference.


I still need to paint the inside of the front door (yellow? turquoise? slate blue?).




I'm really loving the semi crazy, unexpected, bright pattern in that little entry way.  It's such a cheery way for guests to enter the house!

8 comments:

  1. I love it! You did such a great job! I think you should come paint some black and white stripes in my entry....and then you can put it on your blog :) Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute! What an impact. I would feel so happy seeing that every time I come in the front door.

    Christy @ Creating a Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I'm amazed that you did that free hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's certainly not perfect - shhh!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I seriously am in awe! LOVE THIS! I can't believe you free handed it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I got the pattern painted, I put a fresh coat of paint on all of the trim. It needed it - badly. It's been on my list literally for YEARS...so it felt good to get it done! The previous owners had painted it "white", but as you can see in the picture below, it had pink undertones which I'm not a fan of, at all. The bottom is freshly painting with BM's "Simply White". It's a night & day difference. fitted bed sheets sale , california king comforter , buy egyptian cotton , fancy nancy twin sheets , bed sheet set with quilt , vicky razai set price , cotton sofa covers online , velvet flannel sheets

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips